About Gregg Harris,
Director of Noble Institute
My name is Gregg Harris. I am a Christian husband (though widowed since 2010), and the father of seven children. My late wife, Sono Sato Harris, and I were pioneer leaders in the Christian family-restoration, home-schooling and parental-rights movements since 1980. I have over 260,000 alumni families from my various workshops and conferences. My book, The Christian Home School (1988, 1995) became a best-selling classic in its field. Three of my six sons, Joshua, Alex & Brett Harris, are also best-selling authors. I serve as Director of Noble Institute through which I continue to research and present my workshops and conference keynote speeches.
As an evangelical Christian serving in many different evangelical Christian institutions and organizations, it is important for others to know specifically what I believe. The following is a brief statement.
- I believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God, without error in the original writing, and the supreme and final authority in doctrine and practice.
- I believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious death and atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- I believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Spirit are essential.
- I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- I believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life eternal.
- I believe in the spiritual unity of the Church, which is the body of Christ, composed of all who are regenerated through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.